Thread: Does anyone know anything about Range Rovers?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Does anyone know anything about Range Rovers?

Sorry for the obviously non-BMW question - I don’t use any other car forums and I know there are folks here knowledgeable about all sorts of cars so I just thought I’d ask!

My wife is considering trading in her 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV6 for a newer one. The car has served us really well to be honest, but it’s approaching the mileage where things seem to start going wrong with these cars and she fancies an update.

I’ve been doing some searching for post-2018 facelift cars (which is when they introduced the P400e hybrid engine), and so far I’m surprised at the price disparity between hybrid and diesel. There are very few of the diesel ones even for sale (aside from the 2 litre which we’re not even considering), and there are far more hybrids for sale and they tend to be significantly cheaper for similar mileage and spec.

I guess my question is: is this just because a lot more of the hybirds were sold (given the favourable tax rate perhaps), or is this a symptom of the wider market hesitancy towards EVs and hybrids at the moment?

All things being equal the hybrid would probably be a better option because she doesn’t do huge mileage in the car. But we’ve never owned a hybrid of any kind before, so we are a bit nervous and suspicious of the apparent good value on offer for these. My wallet wouldn’t fancy having to fork out for a replacement battery for any hybrid car, let alone for an RR..

Any thoughts welcome!
    Last edited by CitizenKane; 09-07-24 at 17:43.