Thread: Supersort coilovers for e60

BMWHaus Contributor

Supersort coilovers for e60

What do you guys think? Can't find enough reviews online , whould they be to harsh ? Expecting the first baby so whould really like to keep the comfort as much as posible:wink:

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Supersort coilovers for e60

Why not eibach pro/sport?

BMWHaus Contributor

Need to get the shocks replaced aswell , thats 600 e + eibachs

I got v maxx they were around 450 from brent in east coast. They are perfect ride not harsh at all.

BMWHaus Guru

I have the same problem :-/ would've been happy to get a Sport kit but seeing as the shocks were never replaced, it wouldn't make any sense.

So, BC Coilovers it is

I think suspension is a very subjective area. What might be harsh to one person, could be tolerable to another. You'll also find that box fresh coilovers are generally fine, but three months down the road they will shatter your spine. I had V Maxx before and they were fucking dreadful. I wouldn't put them on a shopping trolley. You get what you pay for.

IMO, you're better off with new shocks and Eibachs.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

E60 and coilovers ?? not good idea . new shocks and springs and only other option good make coilovers .

BMWHaus Contributor

I guess you guys are right , i'l start saving for oem shocks or i might go for a sh sport suspension , thanks all for your advice

BMWHaus Contributor

ive a e39 and bought some budget nnr coilovers on ebay form some shop,they retail around 250 ish but I won them for I think 170 delivered.fitted the fronts only yet as hadn't time and love themon 3 weeks now,was worried they would be shit and crash and bang but no bottoming out or any other issues,i have the car about 3.5 inches from splitter to ground and no issues,would prefer than my original msport setup.maybe when the rears are fitted it will make it harder I don't know.im very happy with them as they are.i know yours are different but why not try a budget set with new mounts,if not happy sell them on.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    E60 and coilovers ?? not good idea . new shocks and springs and only other option good make coilovers .
    E39 I had was on Eibach Sportlines and standard shocks, loved it!! Coilovers are only good if you have big money or want to go for look over performance