Thread: E92 comfort access issues

BMWHaus Guru

E92 comfort access issues

Hi Lads,

Just looking for some guidance on getting my CA working again. E92 m3 pre-lci

Not only will the car not lock/unlock via CA it won't start without a key inserted

Car had low voltage issues from being parked up for a few weeks but is fine now that it's on the road daily.

CA module is identified in diagnostic scans, no faults present. I also did an antenna test and it passed.

Key fobs have fresh CR2032s.

I tried looking at live data in inpa, I could see the hall effect sensor go from 0 to 1 when I touched the lock 'button' on passenger handle but inpa does not like when I check the drivers door handle, 'script error, have to keep pressing ok)

I checked the key status, I seem to have key 3&7 so i deactivated all the rest via ISTA in case that was the issue.

Could it have been coded 'off'? Which module should I look at in this case? CA or CAS?

My aim is primarily to have the keyless start working, I'm not totally fixated on the remote unlocking feature and I'm guessing it may be safer without it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    John

BMWHaus Guru
    I removed the drivers door handle and found it was plugged out and the wiring harness on the handle has been cut.
    Guessing the handle was faulty/causing battery drain.

Would this explain why the keyless ignition is not working though?

BMWHaus Guru
    Bit of an aha moment, I also default coded the CAS and DWAI/DWAS. Bingo, comfort access working via passenger door handle and I now have keyless ignition. Seems to only work with one of my keys though.
    At least I'm 90% there, just need to replace drivers door handle and figure out the programming of one of the keys.